Thursday, September 26, 2013

Spiders. Spiders everywhere.

You know how you see these houses in scary movies that are all full of cobwebs and covered furniture and you think, "how did it get so disgustingly creepy?"


My office, such as it is (and I admit, it is pretty awesome) is in our garage.  We remodeled to turn it into livable space, adding an air conditioner and a ceiling light and fan and taking out the bugs.

Well, most of the bugs.

We still have these funny black beetles that keep getting in from somewhere - I have no idea where - and every so often you'll see one dying out in the middle of the room.  And of course there are the spiders.

Our neighborhood is right on a lake and also deeply wooded.  Because of these two factors, there are spiders freaking EVERYWHERE.  And I'm not just talking about those funny little jumping spiders with the wobbly eyes, either.


I was going to put a picture
of a wolf spider here
but I got the heebie-jeebies looking at them
so I decided not to.
Check Wikipedia if you really want
to see one.

We've had, so far this summer, at least 8 wolf spiders around the outside of our house.  Three of them have been on the doors.  These have been murdered with extreme prejudice and malice aforethought whenever located.  There are two, however, that are up on the roof.  We can't get to them; not even the wasp spray with the 40' jet can get to them.

Something is going to have to be done.

Indoors, of course, it's tiny spiders.  And probably brown recluses, because hey, why not?  But we don't talk about those.  And I only decided to write about this because I glanced over at one instance of my yarn stash and realized that there is a spiderweb running from its top corner to the back of the broken-down easy chair nearby.

I watched that cobweb glisten in the afternoon sunlight and I realized that if I don't clean this room sometime soon, I'm going to end up looking like this guy.


Also, if anyone knows how to repel wolf spiders (short of dark witchcraft) let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment